Are you following us? We’re tweeting, we’re posting, we’re pinning - Find us for fun videos, tips, tricks, useful info and more!
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/NSWCFederalCreditUnion
Follow us on Twitter @NSWCFederal
Follow us on Instagram @nswc_fcu
The last Thursday of every month, NSWC FCU likes to show how grateful we are for our amazing members and community. To do this, we select random locations around the King George and Fredericksburg areas to give back. Be sure to follow us on Social Media so you can stay tuned where we will be for our next Thankful Thursday!
Our newsletter provides information on current promotions, features financial advice, and so much more. Stay in the know and up to date!
When we say, “Everything we do, we do for you”, we really do mean it. We know site downtime is inconvenient, but please understand all downtime results in an improved online experience for you.
Online banking maintenance is scheduled every two weeks between Saturdays at 12 pm. to Sundays until 4am. Please check the Events Calendar at the bottom of the Home page for exact dates and times.
See what’s happening in your area!
Remember when grandma used to pinch your cheeks and tell you how special you are? Well this is like that, but without the pain.
Changes are happening here at the Credit Union! << Click the "What's New" button to see our improvements and features at NSWC Federal Credit Union.
Coming January 14, 2020- Microsoft will end support Internet Explorer 11 and therefore will no longer have the security needed for online banking access. For our members who are currently using IE 11, they will receive a "soft block" that will explain that IE will not be supported and suggest alternative browsers. On January 14, 2020, when accessing online banking using IE11, a "hard block" will be enabled. The user will be presented with the same "soft block" page but this time without the bypass option. You will be required to use Google Chrome (recommended), Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. Note: Mac users can still access on Safari browser.
October 15th, 2019 -Online account opening has been added to our member self- service features! This gives our new or existing members the ease and convenience to open a new account or just add a new checking or savings account to an existing membership account.
July 16th, 2019- Online banking upgrade including the ability to make disputes from the account transaction section. Revamp of our wire form, making it easier to complete and send. The ability to edit a recurring transaction instead of having to cancel the request. We also added another layer of security with additional validation for certain transactions that are flagged as abnormal behavior on your online banking account. These enhancements come competed with a cleaner look and feel.
December 2018- Apple Watch®: Apple Watch® users are now able to view their account balances and last 10 transactions. This easy to enable feature is located in online banking under settings. It uses your existing Apple App, syncing the account with convenience and ease. Also remember to download our MyCardRules app. which also syncs with Apple Watch® to give you up to the minute debit or credit card usage notifications.
October 2018 - New Loan Payment Tab: Online Banking now has a dedicated tab for making loan payments under the Transfers tab! This tab will open a screen that gives you the option to pay any loan you have at the Credit Union with your internal Credit Union accounts or external accounts you have linked. When you select the loan you would like to pay to, a box will appear with account information like current balance, payment due date and amount, credit line amount, interest rate, and more. Depending on what type of loan you are paying on you will have various payment options including “Regular Payment”, “Pay Statement Amount”, “Pay Down to 0”, “Any Amount”, “Principal Only”, and more. You can perform these transfers at any time and set them up to recur for as long as you would like. A few notes to remember include:
- This new option will replace the option to pay on loans with the “Funds Transfer” tab.
- Principal only payments cannot be made if your regular monthly payment has not been made.
- Mortgage and Home Equity loan payments will not have a “Payoff and Close” option. (please contact the credit union for payoff)
- If you choose the “Pay Down to 0” option you will need to make sure to check back the following month to pay any interest that had not posted to your account.
- Once you submit your transfer you will be asked to confirm the details and then you will be given a confirmation screen.
We hope that you find these new enhancements to be helpful in managing your online banking account.
April 2018 - Bill Pay Feature: Your upgraded online bill pay has eBill so you can view, pay and track bills online. And you can do it all in one secure place. When you set up eBill, you’ll receive bill summaries right on your payments dashboard. That means you can see the payment amount and due date at a glance. It only takes a few moments to set up an eBill. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the payments dashboard and select “Set up eBill” under the payee’s name
2. Enter your login credentials for the payee’s website
3. Accept the terms and conditions and submit
When you set up eBill, it’s easy to keep track of when your bills are due.
1. You will see an “eBill due” notice on your dashboard when your payee has a new eBill
2. At this time, you can view the amount due and due date
Once an eBill is paid, you can view it in your “eBill History” for 18 months
April 17, 2018 SECURITY UPDATE: We will be disabling the TLS 1.0 security protocol due to known security vulnerabilities. To access online banking, you will need to update your browser and use TLS 1.1 or higher. Our goal is to maintain the highest possible standard to keep your data secure. Please refer to the compatibility table under our E-services/Online Banking FAQs.
Q: What is TLS?
A: TLS stands for “Transport Layer Security.” It is a protocol that provides privacy and data integrity between two communicating applications. It’s the most widely deployed security protocol used today and is used for web browsers and other applications that require data to be securely exchanged over a network. TLS ensures that a connection to a remote endpoint is the intended endpoint through encryption and endpoint identity verification. The versions of TLS, to date, are TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.
Q: What is the reason for this change?
A: TLS aims to provide privacy and data integrity between two communicating applications. TLS 1.1 and above provide significantly higher security controls than TLS 1.0. Protecting your data is of the utmost importance for us, and this disablement will allow us to better ensure the security of your data. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible while maintaining the highest security standards.
How do I update my browser? Updating a browser works differently for each one. See below for brief instructions for most commonly used browsers.
• Internet Explorer: If you are regularly installing the latest Windows updates from Microsoft, you should have the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- To turn on automatic updates, Open the Control Panel. Click on and open the Windows Update utility. In the left navigation pane, click the Check for Updates link. You can choose to install all available updates or select the updates you want to install.
- You can also download the latest version of Internet Explorer here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/products/internet-explorer
• Microsoft Edge: All versions of Microsoft Edge should support TLS 1.1 or higher by default.
• Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the Firefox browser
- Click the Open menu button (icon has three horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of the screen
- In that menu, click the Open Help Menu button at the bottom
- Select About Firefox
- The window that appears will automatically check for updates and show you the current version of Firefox. If an update is available, there will be an option available to install it
- You can also download the latest version of Firefox here: https://www.mozilla.org/enUS/firefox/
• Google Chrome:
- Open the Google Chrome browser
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome button (icon has three vertical dots) in the upper right corner of the screen
- In the drop-down menu, select Help then About Google Chrome
- The window that appears will automatically check for updates and show you the current version of Chrome. If an update is available, there will be an option available to install it
- You can also download the latest version of Chrome here: https://www.google.com/chrome/b/
• Apple Safari:
- Open the Apple menu and choose App Store
- In the top of the window that appears, click the Updates button
- Find Safari and click Update (or Update All to install all available updates)
- You can also download the latest version of Safari here: https://support.apple.com/safari
March 19, 2018: Board of Directors electronic ballot voting
March 1, 2018: GreenPath Financial Education
February 28, 2018: FICO credit scores for our online banking members. No credit card required to see your score!
February 1, 2018: If you haven't seen this app, you need to check it out. MyCardRulesTM - receive instant charge notifications and manage your NSWC FCU VISA card on the go!
October 24, 2017: We have updated our online banking platform. Desktop and mobile devices now make viewing your accounts customizable. Quick Bill pay features have been added to pay multiple bills at once. Touch ID and passcodes are now available for all mobile users if their device permits. New features!
October 1, 2017: As of October 1st, we are offering HomeStyle Loans. HomeStyle Loans are personal loans for updating and improving your home and the items in it! You can learn more here.
September 12, 2017: Apple revealed their next generation iPhones: iPhone 8 and iPhone X. You can watch the reveal and read more about the devices and release dated here: https://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2017/ Our online banking vendor is preparing for the release of the new devices to test our apps and help minimize impact to our members. Today, Apple released the Gold Master version of iOS 11, released to the public September 19th. Our online banking team has been testing the beta version for months and reports that there are no issues with the mobile app. If app updates are necessary, an announcement will follow.
July 1, 2017: As of July 1st, we are offering LifeStyle Loans. LifeStyle Loans are personal loans for all of life's big moments and adventures. You can learn more about LifeStyle Loans here.
May 16, 2017: We have changed the way you can update your credit/debit card PIN numbers. Due to potential fraud we have opted to discontinue the 1-800 service to change your PIN number. Please contact us at 540-663-2181 for assistance in changing your PIN.
February 14, 2017: We love our members and we are working hard to improve your Online Banking Experience. We have added the ability to make a "Principal only Payment" on your auto and personal loans. A "Principal only Payment" is the ability to directly apply your money to the principal on your loan, which will help you pay down your loan faster. The "Principal only Payment" does not replace your Regular Monthly Payment, and it does not advance your due date! So, be careful when using this new feature that you choose the correct option under Payment Type on your Transfer. Do not use this feature to payoff your loan.
January 31, 2017: We have added the tax documents 1098, 1099, 1099-INT, 1099R, 5498 as well as CUMA Mortgage 1098s to Online Banking for secure, easy, and quick access.
January 23, 2017: We have converted our credit card process in-house. No more middle man! We are now able to assist you directly. Online Banking has been updated to make it easier for you to make your credit card payments or transfer funds. We have also included quick secure access to your credit card monthly statement in the 'Services - Statement' section in Online Banking.