You know what’s better than great deals? Check out these current promotions and see our amazing deals!
Are you following us? We’re tweeting, we’re posting, we’re pinning - Find us for fun videos, tips, tricks, useful info and more!
Our newsletter provides information on current promotions, features financial advice, and so much more. Stay in the know and up to date!
When we say, “Everything we do, we do for you”, we really do mean it. We know site downtime is inconvenient, but please understand all downtime results in an improved online experience for you.
Online banking maintenance is scheduled every two weeks between Saturdays at 12 pm. to Sundays until 4am. Please check the Events Calendar at the bottom of the Home page for exact dates and times.
See what’s happening in your area!
Remember when grandma used to pinch your cheeks and tell you how special you are? Well this is like that, but without the pain.
Changes are happening here at the Credit Union! << Click the "What's New" button to see our improvements and features at NSWC Federal Credit Union.
April 2018 - NEW Bill Pay Feature: Your upgraded online bill pay has eBill so you can view, pay and track bills online. And you can do it all in one secure place. When you set up eBill, you’ll receive bill summaries right on your payments dashboard. That means you can see the payment amount and due date at a glance. It only takes a few moments to set up an eBill. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the payments dashboard and select “Set up eBill” under the payee’s name
2. Enter your login credentials for the payee’s website
3. Accept the terms and conditions and submit
When you set up eBill, it’s easy to keep track of when your bills are due.
1. You will see an “eBill due” notice on your dashboard when your payee has a new eBill
2. At this time, you can view the amount due and due date
Once an eBill is paid, you can view it in your “eBill History” for 18 months
April 17, 2018 SECURITY UPDATE - We will be disabling the TLS 1.0 security protocol due to known security vulnerabilities. To access online banking, you will need to update your browser and use TLS 1.1 or higher. Our goal is to maintain the highest possible standard to keep your data secure. Please refer to the compatibility table under our E-services/Online Banking FAQs.
Q: What is TLS?
A: TLS stands for “Transport Layer Security.” It is a protocol that provides privacy and data integrity between two communicating applications. It’s the most widely deployed security protocol used today and is used for web browsers and other applications that require data to be securely exchanged over a network. TLS ensures that a connection to a remote endpoint is the intended endpoint through encryption and endpoint identity verification. The versions of TLS, to date, are TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.
Q: What is the reason for this change?
A: TLS aims to provide privacy and data integrity between two communicating applications. TLS 1.1 and above provide significantly higher security controls than TLS 1.0. Protecting your data is of the utmost importance for us, and this disablement will allow us to better ensure the security of your data. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible while maintaining the highest security standards.
How do I update my browser? Updating a browser works differently for each one. See below for brief instructions for most commonly used browsers.
• Internet Explorer: If you are regularly installing the latest Windows updates from Microsoft, you should have the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- To turn on automatic updates, Open the Control Panel. Click on and open the Windows Update utility. In the left navigation pane, click the Check for Updates link. You can choose to install all available updates or select the updates you want to install.
- You can also download the latest version of Internet Explorer here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/products/internet-explorer
• Microsoft Edge: All versions of Microsoft Edge should support TLS 1.1 or higher by default.
• Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the Firefox browser
- Click the Open menu button (icon has three horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of the screen
- In that menu, click the Open Help Menu button at the bottom
- Select About Firefox
- The window that appears will automatically check for updates and show you the current version of Firefox. If an update is available, there will be an option available to install it
- You can also download the latest version of Firefox here: https://www.mozilla.org/enUS/firefox/
• Google Chrome:
- Open the Google Chrome browser
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome button (icon has three vertical dots) in the upper right corner of the screen
- In the drop-down menu, select Help then About Google Chrome
- The window that appears will automatically check for updates and show you the current version of Chrome. If an update is available, there will be an option available to install it
- You can also download the latest version of Chrome here: https://www.google.com/chrome/b/
• Apple Safari:
- Open the Apple menu and choose App Store
- In the top of the window that appears, click the Updates button
- Find Safari and click Update (or Update All to install all available updates)
- You can also download the latest version of Safari here: https://support.apple.com/safari
NEW - March 19, 2018 Board of Directors electronic ballot voting
March 1, 2018 GreenPath Financial Education
February 28, 2018 FICO credit scores for our online banking members. No credit card required to see your score!
February 1, 2018, If you haven't seen this app, you need to check it out. MyCardRulesTM - receive instant charge notifications and manage your NSWC FCU VISA card on the go!
October 24, 2017 We have updated our online banking platform. Desktop and mobile devices now make viewing your accounts customizable. Quick Bill pay features have been added to pay multiple bills at once. Touch ID and passcodes are now available for all mobile users if their device permits. New features!
October 1, 2017 As of October 1st, we are offering HomeStyle Loans. HomeStyle Loans are personal loans for updating and improving your home and the items in it! You can learn more here.
September 12, 2017 Apple revealed their next generation iPhones: iPhone 8 and iPhone X. You can watch the reveal and read more about the devices and release dated here: https://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2017/ Our online banking vendor is preparing for the release of the new devices to test our apps and help minimize impact to our members. Today, Apple released the Gold Master version of iOS 11, released to the public September 19th. Our online banking team has been testing the beta version for months and reports that there are no issues with the mobile app. If app updates are necessary, an announcement will follow.
July 1, 2017 As of July 1st, we are offering LifeStyle Loans. LifeStyle Loans are personal loans for all of life's big moments and adventures. You can learn more about LifeStyle Loans here.
May 16, 2017 We have changed the way you can update your credit/debit card PIN numbers. Due to potential fraud we have opted to discontinue the 1-800 service to change your PIN number. Please contact us at 540-663-2181 for assistance in changing your PIN.
February 14, 2017 We love our members and we are working hard to improve your Online Banking Experience. We have added the ability to make a "Principal only Payment" on your auto and personal loans. A "Principal only Payment" is the ability to directly apply your money to the principal on your loan, which will help you pay down your loan faster. The "Principal only Payment" does not replace your Regular Monthly Payment, and it does not advance your due date! So, be careful when using this new feature that you choose the correct option under Payment Type on your Transfer. Do not use this feature to payoff your loan.
January 31, 2017 We have added the tax documents 1098, 1099, 1099-INT, 1099R, 5498 as well as CUMA Mortgage 1098s to Online Banking for secure, easy, and quick access.
January 23, 2017 We have converted our credit card process in-house. No more middle man! We are now able to assist you directly. Online Banking has been updated to make it easier for you to make your credit card payments or transfer funds. We have also included quick secure access to your credit card monthly statement in the 'Services - Statement' section in Online Banking.