Fraud & Consumer Alerts
Stay up to date with the most recent fraud and consumer alerts on this page. If you have any questions about fraud and/or consumer alert notices, please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information... Don't forget to check out our Privacy Notice!
Protecting your accounts is a top priority, our dedicated staff constantly monitors your accounts for suspicious activity.
Ways to Protect Your Account
- Update passwords and usernames often by using a combination of letters (capital and lower case), numbers and special characters (e.g. & or %).
- Set credit and debit card usage notifications.
- When you plan to travel, notify the Call center at 540.663.2181, an alert will be placed on your account.
- Freeze your credit or debit card if misplaced or stolen, 1.877.302.5253
If you suspect you're a victim of fraud or identity theft, call NSWC Federal Credit Union immediately at 540.663.2181, so we can instantly put a hold on your account.
Articles & Alerts
- Equifax Cybersecurity Incident - Click here for information. Fair Trade Commission instructions on how to place a Fraud Alert click here. 9/8/2017
- Video Scam Targets Members Routing numbers - Protect yourself by using NSWC FCU bill pay. 8/24/17
- DocuSign Alerts Public: Malicious Email Campaign Underway. Protect your self, check here. 5/17/2017
- Official Check Fraud Alert - Read more here.
- 12 point checklist for victims of Identity Theft
- NCUA Posts New Online Resources to Help Consumers in Fighting Identity Theft - See more here.
- Protect Yourself from Credit Card Fraud - How to here.
- Avoid Malware on Your Mobile Devices - Read more here.