Fraud & Consumer Alerts
Stay up to date with the most recent fraud and consumer alerts on this page. If you have any questions about fraud and/or consumer alert notices, please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information... Don't forget to check out our Privacy Notice!
Protecting your accounts is a top priority, our dedicated staff constantly monitors your accounts for suspicious activity.
Ways to Protect Your Account
- Update passwords and usernames often by using a combination of letters (capital and lower case), numbers and special characters (e.g. & or %).
- Set credit and debit card usage notifications.
- When you plan to travel, notify the Call center at 540.663.2181, an alert will be placed on your account.
- Freeze your credit or debit card if misplaced or stolen, 1.877.302.5253
If you suspect you're a victim of fraud or identity theft, call NSWC Federal Credit Union immediately at 540.663.2181, so we can instantly put a hold on your account.
Then check out what the FEDERAL TRADE Commission advises you to do if your identity is stolen with this step by step guide, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0009_identitytheft_a_recovery_plan.pdf
Articles & Alerts
- Wawa Security Breach. New debit and credit cards are being issued to members who were affected - Learn more here.
- PSA on Payroll Phishing Scam - Helpful Tips
- Fraud alert for all checks and money orders - Learn more here.
- UPDATED Equifax Cyber Security Incident - Click here for information. Fair Trade Commission instructions on how to place a Fraud Alert click here.
- Video Scam Targets Members Routing numbers - Protect yourself by using NSWC FCU bill pay.
- Official Check Fraud Alert - Read more here.
- 12 point checklist for victims of Identity Theft
- NCUA Posts New Online Resources to Help Consumers in Fighting Identity Theft - See more here.
- Protect Yourself from Credit Card Fraud - How to here.
- Avoid Malware on Your Mobile Devices - Read more here.