Fraud Alert for all checks & money orders
If you answer "YES" to any of the following questions, DO NOT negotiate the item and alert the teller immediately. You could be involved in a FRAUD or about to be SCAMMED!
- Is this item payment or proceeds from a lottery that you have supposedly won or an inheritance from a distant relative?
- Did you receive this item after communicating with someone by email?
- Have you been asked to deposit this item, keep a portion, and return the rest, or send a portion to a third-party?
- Have you been instructed to wire or western union part of the money to someone?
- Have you recently advertised something for sale over the internet or is this check payment for something you recently sold?
- If you sold something, is the amount of the item more than the selling price, or is the item drawn on a business or individual account different from the person buying your property?
- Did the item arrive by US mail or overnight delivery service (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc...)?
- Are you being paid or will you receive a commission for handling or depositing this item?
If this item is returned, as countered or otherwise, NSWC FCU WILL SEEK PAYMENT FROM YOU. You will be responsible for reimbursing the Credit Union for the full amount of the item. At NSWC Federal Credit Union, our goal is to protect your best interests. Your assistance in helping us prevent the spread of check fraud is greatly appreciated.
If you have any additional questions, please call us at (540) 663-2181.