Chrome Optimal Browser Settings
Each time you log in to our web site, it evaluates whether you are using the same computer and browser you registered with us. Our site looks for our cookies (electronic markers) in your computer’s memory; if it doesn’t find them, we ask you to identify yourself again by providing a code that you receive by email or text. After your computer is registered, you shouldn’t need to provide a code again for that computer using that browser. (Note: Each time you use a public computer, you must provide a code as a security measure.)
On rare occasions, people cannot log in without registering their computer each time – even after they have registered it already. This may mean that their computer’s browser is clearing our cookies, so our web site cannot recognize the computer. If you are experiencing this, try changing the settings on your computer. Here’s how:
Set your computer to keep cookies for our site
- Browse to our web site. Do not log in.
- Click the wrench icon in the top right corner of the browser.
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom of the Settings window, click "Show advanced settings."
- In the Privacy section, click "Content Settings."
- In the Cookies section, make sure that "Allow local data to be set" is selected.
- Click "Manage exceptions."
- On the Cookie and site data exceptions window, click in the "Add a new hostname pattern" box.
- Type [*.] and then our website name (for example, [*.]nswcfcuonline.org).
- In the "Behavior" box, select "Allow".
- Click "OK."
- Click "OK."
- Exit the Settings window.
- Log into our website, selecting "Register computer for future use" when prompted.
- Supply the text or email bode as soon as you receive it. The next time you log in, you shouldn't need a code.
Thank you for your patience in performing these steps. Please contact us if you have questions.